The Physicians at Visalia Family Practice consider the health and safety of our patients and our team members a priority. The COVID-19 situation continues to evolve rapidly and we are adapting our practices and policies accordingly to keep our patients and community safe. The Policies we have implemented are designed to minimize the risk of exposure to our Employees and Patients and effectively respond to any threats should they occur. During these trying times we will continue to remain open to serve the needs of our patients.
Telehealth visits are available
Your provider may offer telehealth visits to minimize exposure if appropriate. You are encouraged to ask about our Telehealth appointments at the time of booking and/or confirmation of your appointment.
COVID-19 SCREENING/SYMPTOMATIC PATEINTS
Visalia Family Practice assigns the highest priority to assessing, minimizing, and managing the risk to the practice, employees, patients, and community of being exposed to pandemic diseases such as COVID-19.
- Staff will screen patients who call and encourage them not to enter the practice lobby if it its determined that they could have COVID-19 or could have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Patients who are at risk will be asked to wait in their vehicle to minimize exposure to others. They may also be provided a mask if patient is unable to procure one. Cloth masks are acceptable form of protective equipment at the time of your appointment.
- Your provider will discuss with you the options for testing and/or isolation as deemed necessary.
Appointments are still available for your needs unrelated to the COVID-19 virus. Appointments are reserved for visits unrelated to COVID-19 symptoms between 8am and 3pm. If your provider feels you need to be seen more quickly we may have further instruction at the time your appointment is made.
Please note the following precautionary measures may be requested of you at the time of your visit, even if you are not experiencing any symptoms!
- Wearing a mask during your visit
- You may be asked to remain in your vehicle before being called to one of our patient rooms.
- Telehealth visit may be recommended. Instructions will be given at time of appointment or during booking.
- Social distancing measures are to be acknowledged while checking into your appointment.
Everyone can do their part to help us respond to this emerging public health threat:
- CDC is recommending the use of a cloth face covering to keep people who are infected but do not have symptoms from spreading COVID-19 to others.
- The cloth face cover is meant to protect other people in case you are infected.
- The cloth face coverings recommended are not surgical masks or N-95 respirators. Medical face masks are critical supplies that should be reserved for healthcare workers and other first responders, as recommended by CDC.
- The cloth face cover is not a substitute for social distancing.
- CDC continues to recommend that people try keep about 6 feet between themselves and others.
Visalia Family Practice will continually to review CDC information for updates and changes, monitor Commonwealth and state health directives and advice, and assess and manage the risks that are identified in these communications. We will comply with current guidelines from minimizing its exposure to COVID-19.
We apologize for any inconvenience these changes may cause, but we believe these measures to be essential to the protection of the public. We appreciate your commitment to keeping our community safe and look forward to your continuing support.
Questions regarding the policies above and hours of operation can be directed to the Practice Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit the following websites for the most up to date information and resources regarding the Corona Virus: